What is it? Learning Snacks is a messenger-style microlearning tool, using gamification features, which usually is applied in the educational context.
Objectives: Learning Snacks are very useful for asynchronous communication. They are microlearning tools, that can be used to raise motivation and fun, therefore engaging your audience.
Resources needed: Learning Snacks platform. You need a free account on the platform to create your Learning Snacks, but the snacks can then be accessed directly by your audience, without having to log in.
Time: The preparation can take some time, but your audience will only need a few minutes to take a Learning Snack.
Suggested number of participants: You can invite as many participants as you want to use your Learning Snacks.
Example of practical application: In project management, learning snacks can be used, for example:
- As asynchronous icebreakers for project partners who do not yet know each other or the topic of the project.
- To get everyone on the same page on a certain topic and avoid confusion.
- To learn more about the background and prior knowledge of your target group.
- To hear about the partners’ opinion in an anonymous way.
- To check if the main message of your meeting was successfully conveyed.
To check project progress.
Steps to apply the method:
- Before you start creating your Learning Snack, you need to clarify your objectives: what do you want to achieve with this Learning Snack?
- You then need to create a free account on the Learning Snacks platform.
- Once this is done, you can create your first learning snack. The platform is very intuitive and easy-to-use. You start by writing your title, and choose from the different functions available the ones you would like to use: text, emojis, pictures, multiple choice question, pick right order, poll, dialogue, fill in the blank, etc.
- Once your Learning Snack is ready, don’t forget to save it, and share the link with your audience. You can see their answers as they are arriving.
Stage when to use this method:
- Project implementation
- Project evaluation
- Learning Snacks platform
- Example of Learning Snack on how to use the Learning Snacks platform.
Visual sample: To learn more about the use of Learning Snacks in EU-project management, follow this link and watch a presentation from Isabell Grundschober, including practical examples of application: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1boI3meyGo&t=939s